Defending Clients in Edmonds, WA
Are you looking for an Edmonds criminal defense attorney? Hi, my name is Schoen Parnell and I have over 20 years of experience defending clients in Edmonds, WA. When I first started my private practice in 2006 my office was located in the heart of Edmonds, so I am extremely familiar with the city’s criminal justice process.
As my client you will have the peace of mind knowing you can rely on my dedicated approach and your ability to reach me generally at any time. I am able to provide my clients with the highest quality of service by limiting my caseload to normally less than 40 open and active clients. While most public defenders are hard working attorneys they usually are unable to maintain a similar quality standard.
WA state laws often change frequently, I serve on the WACDL’s (Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers) legislative committee which monitors these changes. I am also an active member of several other legal associations which provide me with additional insight and guidance needed to stay on top of the latest criminal defense strategies. A combination of proven experience, special training and a solid network of resources will allow me to craft a strong legal defense for your case. Call me today and request a free consultation to find out how I can help.
Felony & Misdemeanor Defense
- Drunk Driving (DUI) – Felony, BUI & Military)
- Vehicular Homicide / Manslaughter
- Department of Licensing (DOL) Hearings
- Domestic Violence (DV) No Contact Orders
- Violent Crimes (Murder, Manslaughter, Assault)
- Firearm Charges
- Firearm Rights Restoration
- Self-Defense Shootings
- Vacating Convictions
- Probation Violations
Edmonds Arrest FAQs
If you’ve been arrested for a misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor crime by an Edmonds city police officer your case will be heard in the Edmonds Municipal Courthouse. The city contracts with a private law firm named Zachor & Thomas who will be the prosecutor for the case.
However, if you’ve been charged with a felony or arrested by a Washington State Trooper or a Snohomish County Sheriff Deputy, your case will be considered a State case and prosecuted by the Snohomish County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office in Everett. Misdemeanor state cases will be held in the Snohomish County District Court’s South Division courthouse located in Lynnwood, WA. Felony state cases will be held in the Snohomish County Superior Court in Everett. Both courthouses book their inmates into the Snohomish County Jail located in downtown Everett.
Edmonds Legal Defense Tip
Edmonds court generally schedules it’s arraignments shortly after a complaint has been made by the city. In custody hearings are held on Mondays on the 2:45 pm calendar and on Thursday’s at 8:30 am. However regular arraignments are usually scheduled after an arrest has been made on the following Wednesday on the 1 pm calendar.
It is common for people to get arrested on a Friday, bond out over the weekend and miss their court date the following Wednesday resulting in the issuance of a failure to appear warrant. If you bond out of jail it is important for you to contact an criminal defense attorney so they can be present with you during your court date.
250 5th Ave N
Edmonds, WA 98020
Phone: (425) 771-0210
Hours (Except Holidays)
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Going Northbound on I-5
Going Southbound on I-5
- Take exit 177 for WA-104 W toward Edmonds(0.6 mi)
- Keep right, follow signs for Washington 104 W and merge onto WA-104 W/NE 205th St/Lake Ballinger Way Continue to follow WA-104 W (3.6 mi)
- Keep left to continue on Edmonds Way (0.1 mi)
- Continue onto 5th Ave S (0.8 mi)
- At the traffic circle, continue straight onto 5th Ave N Destination will be on the right (0.1 mi)
- Keep right at the fork and merge onto I-5 S (13.0 mi)
- Take exit 179 for 220th St SW (0.2 mi)
- Turn right onto 220th St SW (1.4 mi)
- Turn right onto 84th Ave W (0.5 mi)
- At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto Main St (1.6 mi)
- At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto 5th Ave N Destination will be on the right (0.1 mi)
Judge Linda W. Y. Coburn
Sworn in Full-Time on January 13, 2015
Has served as a judge pro tem in the Edmonds Court
Served as an attorney for Snohomish County Public Defenders
- Edmond Court Resource Links
If you have any questions about your arrest in Edmonds, WA don’t hesitate to reach out to me anytime day or night.
Ready To Talk?
Contact me so we can discuss your case and I can let you know what your options are. The initial consultation is on me, no strings attached.